10 Best Bollywood Movies for Kids
So, grab some popcorn and get ready for a rollercoaster ride of laughter, adventure, and valuable lessons as we present the ultimate list of Bollywood movies for kids. These films will captivate their imagination, inspire their creativity, and leave a lasting impact on their young minds.
It’s time to rediscover the magic of Indian cinema, tailor-made for our little ones. Let’s embark on a cinematic journey filled with joy, entertainment, and meaningful storytelling. Lights, camera, action – let the family fun begin!
List of Top 10 Bollywood Movies for Kids
1. Gippi (2013)
2. Bumm Bumm Bole (2010)
3. Chillar Party (2011)
4. My Friend Ganesha (2007)
5. Gattu (2012)
6. Taare Zameen Par (2007)
7. Koi Mil Gaya / Krrish (2003 / 2006)
8. Jajantaram Mamantaram (2003)
9. Stanley ka Dabba (2011)
10. Rockford (1999)
“Gippi” is a Hindi-language teen drama film released on 10 May 2013. The film “Gippi” is both written and directed by Sonam Nair, with Hiroo Yash Johar and Karan Johar producing it under the Dharma Productions banner. UTV Motion Pictures handled the distribution of the movie. The film features newcomers Riya Vij and Taaha Shah in the lead roles.
- The film “Gippi” received mixed reviews from critics. Kshamaya Daniel of Rediff.com gave it 4/5 stars, praising its portrayal of teenage life with romance, humor, and music.
- Taran Adarsh of Bollywood Hungama rated it 3.5/5 stars, describing it as a heartfelt coming-of-age film. Madhureeta Mukherjee of the Times of India gave it 3/5 stars, appreciating its sensitive handling of puberty-related issues but noting a lack of drama in the second half. in.com also gave a favorable review, highlighting its ability to connect with adults and teenagers.
- However, Rajeev Masand of CNN-IBN gave it 2/5 stars, feeling that the film’s tone was affected and missed its potential as a unique story.
2. Bumm Bumm Bole:
The 2010 Hindi film “Bumm Bumm Bole” is directed by Priyadarshan and features Darsheel Safary, Atul Kulkarni, Rituparna Sengupta, and newcomer Ziyah Vastani in the lead roles. It is an authorized adaptation of the 1997 Iranian film Children of Heaven. The film was released on 14 May 2010 and the title is inspired by one of the songs from Taare Zameen Par
- The film “Bumm Bumm Bole” stars Darsheel Safary, Atul Kulkarni, and Rituparna Sengupta, and introduces newcomer Ziyah Vastani. The film follows the story of a poor family consisting of Khogiram, Kalyani, and their children Pinaki (Pinu) and Rimzim.
- The siblings face challenges when Rimzim loses her only pair of shoes, leading them to share the same pair to attend school. Pinu enters a marathon race in hopes of winning a new pair of shoes for Rimzim, but unexpected results leave them both disappointed.
- The film ends with a glimmer of hope as they discover a possible solution to their shoe problem.
3. Chiller Party:
“Chillar Party” is a 2011 Indian Hindi-language family comedy film that marks the directorial debut of Nitesh Tiwari and Vikas Bahl. Produced by Ronnie Screwvala under UTV Spotboy and Salman Khan under Salman Khan Being Human Productions, the film features a screenplay by Vijay Maurya.The film features a cast of talented child actors in the lead roles, and includes supporting performances by Shashank Shende, Pankaj Tripathi, and Swara Bhasker. Ranbir Kapoor also appears in a dance song. The film received the prestigious National Film Award for Best Children’s Film in 2011, highlighting its success in the genre.
- “Chillar Party” is a heartwarming Bollywood movie for kids about a group of spirited kids facing challenges. They befriend Fatka and his dog Bhidu but face opposition from a politician named Bhide who plans to eliminate stray dogs.
- The kids rally the community, participate in a face-off, and win support. Despite Bhidu going missing, he returns wearing a collar with the society’s name, thanks to the secretary’s change of heart. The film showcases friendship, resilience, and the power of unity.
4. My Friend Ganesha:
“My Friend Ganesha” is a 2007 Bollywood movie for kids directed and written by Rajiv S Ruia. This movie produced by Deepak Bhanushali, Manish Ruparel, Raman Trikha, Mitesh Mehta, and Ronak Bhagat. The film features Ahsaas Channa, Kiran Janjani, Shital Shah, and Upasana Singh in prominent roles.
- “My Friend Ganesha” is a heartwarming Bollywood movie for kids. The film follows Ashu, an 8-year-old boy who feels lonely as his parents are always busy. One day, he saves a drowning mouse, which turns out to be Lord Ganesha’s pet ride.
- Ashu’s maid suggests that Lord Ganesha can be his friend, which fills him with excitement. He persuades his family to invite Ganesha to their home for the upcoming festival.
- Ganesha becomes Ashu’s friend and they embark on a journey to solve different challenges and enjoy themselves during the 11-day festival. The film showcases a talented cast of actors who bring the story to life.
In 2012 “Gattu” a Bollywood movie for kids written by K.D. Satyam and directed by Rajan Khosa. The film was shot in the town of Roorkee in Uttarakhand, India, and features a cast of local primary government school children. Starring of this movie are Mohammad Samad, Naresh Kumar, Zoya Arshad, Harshit Kaushik, Sarvasva Singh Pundir, and Jayanta Das. It had released in India on 20 July 2012 at theatrical.
- In “Gattu,” Gattu is a nine-year-old orphan who helps his uncle in a recycling business. He is passionate about flying kites, particularly the renowned kite named Kali which has been victorious in numerous kite flying competitions.
- Gattu’s determination to defeat the black kite drives him to impersonate a student at a prestigious school. He fabricates a false identity to impress his classmates while maintaining his dream of triumphing over the black kite.
6. Taare Zameen Par:
“Taare Zameen Par” is a critically acclaimed Bollywood movie for kids released in 2007. It was produced and directed by Aamir Khan, who also stars in the movie. The film features talented actors such as Darsheel Safary, Tanay Chheda, Vipin Sharma, and Tisca Chopra.
- “Taare Zameen Par” is a Bollywood movie that tells the story of Ishaan, an 8-year-old boy who struggles with school and is misunderstood by his family and teachers.
- With the help of a new art teacher named Ram, who recognizes his dyslexia, Ishaan begins to overcome his challenges and discover his true talent for art. This heartwarming film is suitable for kids and offers an important message about understanding and acceptance.
7. Koi Mil Gaya / Krrish:
“Koi Mil Gaya” is a popular Indian science fiction film released in 2003. The movie is directed and produced by Rakesh Roshan and features Hrithik Roshan and Preity Zinta in the lead roles. Notably, Rekha also has a significant supporting role in the film. “Koi Mil Gaya” was well-received by audiences and critics alike and went on to win several awards. It later spawned two sequels, “Krrish” and “Krrish 3.”
- “Koi Mil Gaya” is a heartwarming Bollywood movie for kids that follows the story of Rohit, a mentally disabled young man who forms a unique bond with an extraterrestrial creature named Jaadu. Rohit’s life takes a turn when Nisha, a young girl, enters their town and develops a deep connection with him.
- Together, they discover Jaadu’s powers and face challenges from those who want to exploit them. With the help of Jaadu’s magic, Rohit overcomes obstacles and finds love and acceptance.
- The film showcases the themes of friendship, love, and the power of embracing differences.
8. Jajantaram Mamantaram:
“Jajantaram Mamantaram” is a fantasy action comedy Bollywood movie for kids. It is directed by Soumitra Ranade and produced by Arunima Roy. The film is inspired by Jonathan Swift’s novel “Gulliver’s Travels” from 1726. The movie features Jaaved Jaffrey, who gained recognition in the Bollywood industry through this film.
- “Jajantaram Mamantaram” is a Bollywood movie for kids that tells the story of Aditya, who is transported to a magical island. On this island, Aditya encounters tiny local inhabitants who are in a constant struggle against the formidable giant named Jhamunda.
- Aditya becomes their ally and helps the small locals in their quest to defeat Jhamunda.
- The film highlights the themes of bravery, friendship, and the power of teamwork, providing an entertaining and adventurous experience for young audiences.
9. Stanley ka Dabba:
“Stanley Ka Dabba” is a 2011 Hindi comedy-drama Bollywood movie for kids written, directed, and produced by Amole Gupte. It features a talented cast including Divya Dutta, Partho Gupte, Divya Jagdale, Raj Zutshi, and Amole Gupte himself. The film was released on 13th May 2011.
- “Stanley” is a heartwarming Bollywood movie about a talented fourth-grade boy who faces hunger at school. His friends come to his aid by sharing their lunch with him, but their teacher discovers their secret.
- As Stanley faces threats from the teacher, he stops attending school. However, his friends learn about an inter-school concert and believe Stanley would be perfect for it. Stanley secretly attends rehearsals and impresses the organizers.
- Eventually, the teacher’s cruelty is exposed, and Stanley reconciles with him. The movie showcases the power of friendship and resilience in the face of adversity.
“Rockford” is a coming-of-age drama Bollywood movie for kids released in 1999, written and directed by Nagesh Kukunoor. The film was produced by Padmini Kolhapure and features Nagesh Kukunoor, Nandita Das, and Rohan Dey in important roles. “Rockford” received positive reviews and was screened at the MAMI Film Festival.
- Rockford is a city in Illinois known for its industrial development and manufacturing history. It is the largest city in Illinois outside of the Chicago metropolitan area and is recognized for its cultural and historical attractions.
- The city is home to various venues such as Anderson Japanese Gardens, Tinker Swiss Cottage, and the BMO Harris Bank Center. Rockford has also made contributions to music, including the Mendelssohn Club and performers like Phantom Regiment and Cheap Trick.
- With its scenic outdoor spots and recreational areas like Rock Cut State Park, Rockford offers opportunities for outdoor activities.
Also Read – 10 Bollywood Movies Based On True Stories
In conclusion, Bollywood movies for kids offer a treasure trove of entertainment and life lessons, all wrapped in colorful storytelling and catchy tunes. These films provide a perfect blend of laughter, adventure, and heartwarming moments that will captivate young audiences and leave a lasting impact. From teaching the value of friendship, courage, and perseverance to instilling important values and morals, these movies create a magical world where imagination knows no bounds.
So, let your kids embark on a cinematic journey filled with joy, inspiration, and valuable life lessons, as they experience the magic of Bollywood like never before. Get ready to make unforgettable memories with these delightful and unforgettable films!
Question: Are Bollywood movies suitable for kids?
Answer: Yes, Bollywood movies have a wide range of options that are suitable for kids. There are many family-friendly films with age-appropriate content and positive messages that children can enjoy.
Question: What age group are Bollywood movies for kids suitable for?
Answer: Bollywood movies for kids are typically suitable for children aged 5 and above. However, parents need to review the content and consider the maturity level of their children before allowing them to watch a particular film.
Question: Are Bollywood movies for kids educational?
Answer: Yes, many Bollywood movies for kids are not only entertaining but also educational. They often convey important life lessons, teach moral values, and promote positive behavior, making them a great source of learning for children.
Question: Are there animated Bollywood movies for kids?
Answer: Yes, there are several animated Bollywood movies specifically created for kids. These movies combine vibrant animation with engaging storytelling, making them visually appealing and enjoyable for children.
Question: How can I choose the right Bollywood movie for my child?
Answer: When choosing a Bollywood movie for your child, consider their age, interests, and maturity level. Read reviews, watch trailers, and look for age recommendations to ensure that the movie aligns with your child’s preferences and is suitable for their age group.
Question: Are there English subtitles available for Bollywood movies?
Answer: Yes, many Bollywood movies, especially those intended for international audiences, come with English subtitles. This allows non-Hindi-speaking viewers, including children, to follow the story and dialogues easily.
Question: Can Bollywood movies for kids be enjoyed by adults too?
Answer: Absolutely! Many Bollywood movies for kids have universal themes and humor that can be enjoyed by adults as well. They often contain elements of nostalgia and offer a refreshing break from more mature content.
Question: Where can I watch Bollywood movies for kids?
Answer: Bollywood movies for kids can be found on various platforms, including streaming services, DVD rentals, and television channels. Online platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, and Disney+ Hotstar offer a wide selection of Bollywood movies suitable for kids.
Question: Are there Bollywood movie franchises for kids?
Answer: Yes, several Bollywood movie franchises cater to kids, such as the “Krrish” series, “Golmaal” series, and “Dhoom” series. These franchises offer a continuation of beloved characters and stories that kids can enjoy across multiple films.
Question: Are there any classic Bollywood movies for kids?
Answer: Yes, there are classic Bollywood movies that have stood the test of time and continue to be loved by kids and adults alike. Some examples include “Mr. India,” “Chhota Chetan,” “Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!”, and “Masoom.” These films have become iconic in the realm of Bollywood movies for kids.